Subject: Re: bug#16901: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 14:12:03 +0100

Here's one from emacs -Q:

(gdb) break mabort
Breakpoint 3 at 0x124c388: file gmalloc.c, line 1859.
(gdb) run -Q -f view-hello-file
Starting program: C:\Devel\emacs\repo\trunk\src\emacs-24.3.50.2.exe -Q
-f view-hello-file
[New Thread 8228.0x220c]
[New Thread 8228.0x2320]
[New Thread 8228.0x2530]
[New Thread 8228.0x2e70]
[New Thread 8228.0x2404]

Breakpoint 3, mabort (status=MCHECK_HEAD) at gmalloc.c:1859
1859      switch (status)
(gdb) bt
#0  mabort (status=MCHECK_HEAD) at gmalloc.c:1859
#1  0x0124c17c in checkhdr (hdr=0x5aa43f8) at gmalloc.c:1780
#2  0x0124c1a1 in freehook (ptr=0x5aa4400) at gmalloc.c:1792
#3  0x0124bab9 in e_free (ptr=0x5aa4400) at gmalloc.c:1255
#4  0x0115eb49 in lisp_align_free (block=0x5aa8000) at alloc.c:1197
#5  0x0116570e in gc_sweep () at alloc.c:6415
#6  0x01163dd4 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5586
#7  0x010f20b7 in maybe_gc () at lisp.h:4519
#8  0x01183fcb in Ffuncall (nargs=6, args=0x88c460) at eval.c:2766
#9  0x011814fc in internal_condition_case_n (bfun=0x1183f13
<Ffuncall>, nargs=6, args=0x88c460, handlers=58374218, hfun=0x1029dbb
<safe_eval_handler>) at eval.c:1436
#10 0x01029edb in safe_call (nargs=6, func=60982154) at xdisp.c:2609
#11 0x011ea7d1 in autocmp_chars (rule=61169485, charpos=361,
bytepos=428, limit=366, win=0x3ac2218
<__register_frame_info+61612568>,
    face=0x3914d08 <__register_frame_info+59854088>, string=58374186)
at composite.c:918
#12 0x011ebb2a in composition_reseat_it (cmp_it=0x88d544, charpos=365,
bytepos=436, endpos=1, w=0x3ac2218 <__register_frame_info+61612568>,
    face=0x3914d08 <__register_frame_info+59854088>, string=58374186)
at composite.c:1252
#13 0x01038bf8 in next_element_from_buffer (it=0x88d07c) at xdisp.c:8209
#14 0x01035545 in get_next_display_element (it=0x88d07c) at xdisp.c:6796
#15 0x0105c4b1 in display_line (it=0x88d07c) at xdisp.c:19820
#16 0x010511d7 in try_window (window=61612573, pos=..., flags=1) at
xdisp.c:16638
#17 0x0104e7cf in redisplay_window (window=61612573,
just_this_one_p=false) at xdisp.c:16155
#18 0x01047aac in redisplay_window_0 (window=61612573) at xdisp.c:14148
#19 0x011812ba in internal_condition_case_1 (bfun=0x1047a76
<redisplay_window_0>, arg=61612573, handlers=58349798, hfun=0x1047a52
<redisplay_window_error>) at eval.c:1378
#20 0x01047a39 in redisplay_windows (window=61612573) at xdisp.c:14128
#21 0x01046a6f in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13727
#22 0x01044aec in redisplay () at xdisp.c:13013
#23 0x010fa553 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=63501118,
prev_event=58374186, used_mouse_menu=0x88f793, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2567
#24 0x011079b5 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x88f8b0, bufsize=30,
prompt=58374186, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true, fix_current_buffer=true,
    prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9079
#25 0x010f8065 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#26 0x011811a7 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10f7ce5
<command_loop_1>, handlers=58445162, hfun=0x10f754b <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1354
#27 0x010f799a in command_loop_2 (ignore=58374186) at keyboard.c:1174
#28 0x01180754 in internal_catch (tag=58432330, func=0x10f7976
<command_loop_2>, arg=58374186) at eval.c:1118
#29 0x010f7952 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1153
#30 0x010f70e8 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:777
#31 0x010f72a4 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:845
#32 0x010f54a8 in main (argc=4, argv=0xe03048) at emacs.c:1646

Lisp Backtrace:
"Automatic GC" (0x153ce7c)
"auto-compose-chars" (0x88c464)
"redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x153ce7c)
(gdb)

and then there's one with my setup:

Breakpoint 3, mabort (status=MCHECK_HEAD) at gmalloc.c:1859
1859      switch (status)
(gdb) bt
#0  mabort (status=MCHECK_HEAD) at gmalloc.c:1859
#1  0x0124c17c in checkhdr (hdr=0x583d3f8) at gmalloc.c:1780
#2  0x0124c1a1 in freehook (ptr=0x583d400) at gmalloc.c:1792
#3  0x0124bab9 in e_free (ptr=0x583d400) at gmalloc.c:1255
#4  0x0115eb49 in lisp_align_free (block=0x5841000) at alloc.c:1197
#5  0x0116570e in gc_sweep () at alloc.c:6415
#6  0x01163dd4 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5586
#7  0x010f20b7 in maybe_gc () at lisp.h:4519
#8  0x01183fcb in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88d934) at eval.c:2766
#9  0x011c4e38 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19622849, vector=19622869,
maxdepth=20, args_template=58374186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#10 0x01184ded in funcall_lambda (fun=19622797, nargs=5,
arg_vector=0x12b6bd5) at eval.c:3049
#11 0x01184483 in Ffuncall (nargs=6, args=0x88dc64) at eval.c:2864
#12 0x011c4e38 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19623113, vector=19623133,
maxdepth=28, args_template=58374186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#13 0x01184ded in funcall_lambda (fun=19623093, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x12b6cdd) at eval.c:3049
#14 0x01184483 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88df94) at eval.c:2864
#15 0x011c4e38 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19623209, vector=19623229,
maxdepth=16, args_template=58374186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#16 0x01184ded in funcall_lambda (fun=19623189, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x12b6d3d) at eval.c:3049
#17 0x01184483 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88e2c4) at eval.c:2864
#18 0x011c4e38 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19633881, vector=19633901,
maxdepth=20, args_template=58374186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#19 0x01184ded in funcall_lambda (fun=19633861, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x12b96ed) at eval.c:3049
#20 0x01184483 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88e5f4) at eval.c:2864
#21 0x011c4e38 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19637193, vector=19637221,
maxdepth=12, args_template=58374186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#22 0x011c4288 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19637193, vector=19637221,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:482
#23 0x01182f0d in eval_sub (form=19637182) at eval.c:2191
#24 0x0118109c in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=58374186,
bodyform=19637182, handlers=19449710) at eval.c:1323
#25 0x011c5d78 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19637081, vector=19637101,
maxdepth=24, args_template=58374186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:1169
#26 0x01184ded in funcall_lambda (fun=19637053, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x12ba36d) at eval.c:3049
#27 0x01184483 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88ecf4) at eval.c:2864
#28 0x011c4e38 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19961633, vector=19961653,
maxdepth=36, args_template=58374186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#29 0x01184ded in funcall_lambda (fun=19961613, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x1309735) at eval.c:3049
#30 0x01184483 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f034) at eval.c:2864
#31 0x011c4e38 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19655433, vector=62373741,
maxdepth=24, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88f374) at
bytecode.c:919
#32 0x01184a29 in funcall_lambda (fun=61450973, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f374) at eval.c:2983
#33 0x01184483 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f370) at eval.c:2864
#34 0x01182daf in eval_sub (form=60524278) at eval.c:2157
#35 0x0117eaba in Fprogn (body=60524270) at eval.c:468
#36 0x0117eb22 in unwind_body (body=60524270) at eval.c:482
#37 0x011855d0 in unbind_to (count=4, value=58374186) at eval.c:3306
#38 0x011c4edb in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19654841, vector=19654861,
maxdepth=48, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88f7c0) at
bytecode.c:941
#39 0x01184a29 in funcall_lambda (fun=19654821, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f7c0) at eval.c:2983
#40 0x01184748 in apply_lambda (fun=19654821, args=58374186) at eval.c:2924
#41 0x01183126 in eval_sub (form=60147982) at eval.c:2230
#42 0x01182746 in Feval (form=60147982, lexical=58374186) at eval.c:2003
#43 0x010f79cd in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1183
#44 0x011811a7 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10f79b0
<top_level_2>, handlers=58445162, hfun=0x10f754b <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1354
#45 0x010f7a01 in top_level_1 (ignore=58374186) at keyboard.c:1191
#46 0x01180754 in internal_catch (tag=58432330, func=0x10f79cf
<top_level_1>, arg=58374186) at eval.c:1118
#47 0x010f7933 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1152
#48 0x010f70e8 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:777
#49 0x010f72a4 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:845
#50 0x010f54a8 in main (argc=1, argv=0x982f78) at emacs.c:1646

Lisp Backtrace:
"Automatic GC" (0x153ce7c)
"internal-face-x-get-resource" (0x88d938)
"set-face-attribute-from-resource" (0x88dc68)
"set-face-attributes-from-resources" (0x88df98)
"make-face-x-resource-internal" (0x88e2c8)
"face-spec-recalc" (0x88e5f8)
"byte-code" (0x88e880)
"face-set-after-frame-default" (0x88ecf8)
"frame-notice-user-settings" (0x88f038)
0x3a9aad8 PVEC_COMPILED
"funcall" (0x88f370)
"normal-top-level" (0x88f7c0)
(gdb)

Perfectly repeatable, so if you want me to try anything, just ask.

   J