Subject: 24.1; Text indentation/cursor position messed up.

From: mfrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:23:42 -0500

I recently upgraded to emacs 24.3.1 (built from source) in order to use a new mode for
programming in D. I seem to have introduced some problem with my other
modes now (Java, C++ C I'm just using whatever comes with emacs) even
when going back to my previous version (21.1.1 nox). When I
scroll up/down in a buffer, the text displayed is totally messed up. As
in lines mixed together, indentation screwy, cursor not modifying where
it looks like it is. If I hit ctrl-l the screen refreshes and all is
good. I noticed this problem every once in a while with my previous
version when editing C .h files. But now it's happening on every single
buffer. Every time I move up/down I have to
refresh the screen. I can't find anything similar to my problem with a
google search. Might end up being an issue with some incompatible
version of a dependency. Here's my system stats.

CentOS release 5.4 (Final)
linux 2.6.18-164.el5

I don't even know what other libs emacs might depend on. I'll be happy
to post versions of anything that might be relevant.wrong place.
Actually while I have been editing this message, the cursor has been
jumping around on me causing edits to appear in the s. ctrl-l causes the buffer to display properly.

(I'm leaving the above text as-is because I was just editing normally
and that's what happened).

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2014-02-25 on localhost.localdomain
Configured using:
 `configure '--without-x''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Java/l

Minor modes in effect:
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 0 ; 9 5 ; c C-v C-l C-v ESC O B ESC O B TAB
ESC O B ESC O B TAB ESC O B TAB ESC O B TAB TAB ESC
O B ESC O B ESC O B C-l ESC x r e p o TAB r DEL TAB
r TAB RET

Recent messages:
("emacs" "Logger.java")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Logger.java has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Loading vc-svn...done
Making completion list... [2 times]
call-interactively: End of buffer [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode view vc-dispatcher vc-svn cc-mode
cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt time-date ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)