Subject: Re: bug#16885: [PATCH] libparted: don't require a system id string

From: Edward Diener <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 22:41:16 -0500

On 3/2/2014 9:49 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
 > Hash: SHA512
 >
 > On 03/02/2014 09:03 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
 >> Thanks !
 >>
 >> Hopefully GParted Live ( Debian sid ) will pick this up and some
 >> further release of it will incorporate this fix.
 >
 > I recently submitted several patches to the various partman packages
 > so hopefully Debian can *finally* upgrade to parted 3+ soon, and I'm
 > trying to get a parted 3.2 release out in the coming week or two and
 > into Debian soon, which should hopefully wind up in gparted livecd
 > 0.19 and Ubuntu 14.10.

Nice. Appreciated !

I also questioned, from an end-user's perspective, on the GParted forum 
why the version of 'parted' used in GParted Live was 2.3 + Debian 
patches and not the latest 3.1.