Subject: Re: bug#16884: 24.3.50; desktop-read should not die on non-existing directories

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 13:38:45 -0500

> * Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> [2014-02-26 19:18:33 +0100]:
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I set debug-on-error to t in .emacs, this might be causing the problem.
>
> Not unless there's an error in the first place.
>
> If you run
>
>   M-: (dired "/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-saves/*") <RET>
>
> (assuming that the auto-saves directory is empty), do you get an error?

auto-saves is not empty ATM, but auto-save-list is:

(dired "/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*")

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Reading directory" "no such file or directory" "/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*")
  access-file("/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*" "Reading directory")
  insert-directory("/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*" "-als" t nil)
  dired-insert-directory("/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*" "-als" nil t t)
  dired-readin-insert()
  dired-readin()
  dired-internal-noselect("/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*" nil)
  dired-noselect("/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*" nil)
  dired("/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*")
  eval((dired "/Users/sds/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/*") nil)
  eval-last-sexp-1(t)
  eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-print-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-print-last-sexp)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1265
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://pmw.org.il http://truepeace.org
http://memri.org http://camera.org http://islamexposedonline.com
Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.