Subject: bug#16882: closed (Re: bug#16882: 24.3.50; with-temp-buffer-window broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 18:29:04 +0000

Your bug report

#16882: 24.3.50; with-temp-buffer-window broken

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16882: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16882
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16882: 24.3.50; with-temp-buffer-window broken
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:28:11 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing this bug then ...

martin

Subject: 24.3.50; with-temp-buffer-window broken
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:40:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Martin,

the change introduced by this commit is breaking
with-temp-buffer-window:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
commit 7e85209801a75d074fb0d952d38cf3f1e45ba1f7
Author: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date:   Fri Feb 21 12:04:27 2014 +0100

    In with-temp-buffer-window don't evaluate BODY within with-current-buffer (Bug#16816).
    
    * window.el (with-temp-buffer-window): Don't evaluate BODY within
    with-current-buffer (Bug#16816).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The content of body is printed in current-buffer instead of being
printed in the temp buffer.

I will inline the emacs-24.3 version waiting a fix.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2014-02-24 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptative-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-< C-x C-² C-x C-b <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> 
C-x C-f * . e l M-C C-g C-_ C-x C-b <down> <return> 
C-x C-d C-e l l <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
SPC <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> C-< <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> M-x t v SPC b <return> <return> 
q SPC SPC C-< <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w q q q M-x r e p o <return>

Recent messages:
Restoring buffers...73%
Setting up indent for shell type bash
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Restoring buffers...done
(No files need saving)
Type a prefix key to toggle it. Run 'actions' with their prefixes. '?' for more help.
Starting Firefox...
Beginning of buffer
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals hides ~/elisp/magit/.dir-locals
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow gnus-dired nnir mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
helm-dabbrev emacsbug helm-command magit-cherry magit-bisect
magit-log-edit log-edit add-log magit-key-mode magit view ediff-merg
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff
diff-mode magit-compat ido vc-hg semantic/bovine/make semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/bovine/make-by semantic/bovine make-mode markdown-mode
sh-script smie executable conf-mode vc-rcs semantic/tag-file
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/wisent/python
semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/dep
semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent rx
vc-git naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias align-let git-gutter
server persistent-sessions semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet config-w3m w3m-search w3m
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util w3m-load golden-ratio winner undo-tree diff
image-file newsticker newst-treeview newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search preview-latex tex-site auto-loads
pcomplete-extension em-term term disp-table ehelp helm-ipython
helm-elisp helm-eval python eldoc-eval warnings whitespace paren time
avoid recentf tree-widget savehist smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail
dired-async iterator simple-call-tree iedit-rect rect iedit iedit-lib
smallurl mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit rectangle-utils
ledger-config ledger esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-arg esh-util tv-utils
async pcvs vc-cvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs pcvs-util ewoc mb-depth
cl-info slime-autoloads esh-toggle flymake no-word htmlize cl
dired-extension emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat org-config-thierry ob-sh
org-crypt cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-element
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda
org-annotation-helper addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs init-helm-thierry
helm-mode helm-dictionary helm-ls-git helm-descbinds helm-ls-hg
helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers
helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
helm-plugin bookmark pp helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm
wgrep helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils dired compile comint
ansi-color ring helm-locate helm vc vc-dispatcher helm-config
helm-aliases epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util time-date
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache package info easymenu cl-macs gv
edmacro kmacro advice help-fns net-utils cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997