Subject: bug#14394: closed (Re: bug#16879: 24.3.50; Error running timer `font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:51:03 +0000

Your bug report

#16879: jit-lock-force-redisplay redefinition breaks jit fontification in auctex

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16879: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16879
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16879: 24.3.50; Error running timer `font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay'
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:50:02 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tassilo Horn wrote:

> I.e., I updated font-latex.el to fix the bug and increased the
> Version: header in auctex.el to trigger the roll-out of a new auctex
> elpa version.

Thanks.

Subject: jit-lock-force-redisplay redefinition breaks jit fontification in auctex
From: Antoine Levitt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:23:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

A commit of Stefan Monnier in April 23 changed the API of
jit-lock-force-redisplay. First and easiest, the docstring of
jit-lock-force-redisplay was not changed, and still mentions the old BUF
argument.

Second, this breaks function font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay in
auctex, which uses the old prototype. This is present in emacs and
auctex from trunk. Is the prototype change really necessary? If no, this
is a bug for emacs, if yes, this is a bug for auctex. In doubt, I'm
submitting the report in both.