Subject: 24.2.50; auto-complete

From: Felix Thalen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:21:00 +0100

My Emacs crashes frequently when auto-complete starts. My machine is
running Windows 8.1 and I havent experienced this before but now it's
pretty consistent. I've done some changes to my .emacs.d-file but I
don't know what's causing it.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)
  of 2012-08-24 on YAMALOK
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags -m32 -O2 -g0 -march=prescott
  -mtune=prescott -pipe -IC:/gnuwin32/emacs/include
  -IC:/gnuwin32/emacs/lib -IC:/gnuwin32/src -IC:/gnutls/include
  -IC:/gnutls/lib -IC:/gnutls/bin -IC:/libxml2/include -IC:/libxml2/lib
  -IC:/libxml2/bin --ldflags '

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: SV
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   eldoc-mode: t
   elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
   paredit-mode: t
   rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
   hl-line-mode: t
   idle-highlight-mode: t
   auto-indent-global-mode: t
   auto-indent-mode: t
   global-auto-complete-mode: t
   auto-complete-mode: t
   global-whitespace-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   linum-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
   global-visual-line-mode: t
   visual-line-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f <return> <return> c o <return> C-n C-n C-e
M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
Source file 
`c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/modeline-posn-22.0/modeline-posn-pkg.el' 
newer than byte-compiled file
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading vc-git...done

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/web-mode-7.0.79/web-mode hides 
~/.emacs.d/custom/web-mode
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org hides 
~/.emacs.d/custom/org
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/ruby-mode-1.1/ruby-mode hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org hides c:/Program Files 
(x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-w3m hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-w3m
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-timer hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-timer
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-table hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-table
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-src hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-src
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-rmail hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-rmail
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-protocol hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-protocol
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-plot hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-plot
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-pcomplete hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-mouse hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-mouse
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-mobile hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-mobile
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-mhe hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-mhe
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-macs hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-macs
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-list hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-list
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-irc hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-irc
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-install hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-install
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-inlinetask hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-info hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-info
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-indent hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-indent
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-id hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-id
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-habit hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-habit
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-gnus hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-gnus
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-footnote hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-footnote
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-feed hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-feed
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-faces hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-faces
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-eshell hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-eshell
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-entities hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-entities
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-docview hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-docview
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-datetree hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-datetree
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-ctags hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-ctags
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-crypt hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-crypt
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-compat hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-compat
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-colview hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-colview
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-clock hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-clock
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-capture hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-capture
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-bibtex hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-bibtex
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-bbdb hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-bbdb
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-attach hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-attach
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-archive hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-archive
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/org-agenda hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/org-agenda
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob hides c:/Program Files 
(x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-tangle hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-tangle
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-table hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-table
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-sqlite hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-sql hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-sql
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-shen hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-shen
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-sh hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-sh
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-screen hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-screen
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-scheme hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-scheme
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-sass hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-sass
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-ruby hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-ruby
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-ref hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-ref
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-R hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-R
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-python hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-python
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-plantuml hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-picolisp hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-perl hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-perl
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-org hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-org
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-octave hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-octave
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-ocaml hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-mscgen hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-maxima hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-maxima
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-matlab hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-matlab
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-lob hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-lob
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-lisp hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-lisp
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-lilypond hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-ledger hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-ledger
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-latex hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-latex
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-keys hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-keys
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-js hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-js
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-java hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-java
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-haskell hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-haskell
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-gnuplot hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-fortran hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-fortran
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-exp hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-exp
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-eval hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-eval
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-emacs-lisp hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-dot hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-dot
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-ditaa hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-css hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-css
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-comint hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-comint
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-clojure hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-clojure
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-calc hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-calc
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-C hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-C
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-awk hides c:/Program 
Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-awk
c:/Users/felit_000/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/ob-asymptote hides 
c:/Program Files (x86)/ntemacs24/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils vc-git warnings ffap url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars eldoc elisp-slime-nav help-mode etags paredit
rainbow-delimiters hl-line saveplace idle-highlight-mode
clojure-settings python-settings jedi epc ctable concurrent deferred
ruby-settings rinari jump inflections findr ruby-compilation which-func
imenu pcomplete inf-ruby thingatpt compile comint ansi-color ring
ruby-block easy-mmode ruby-end ruby-mode ido-settings latex-settings
mode-mappings shell-settings org-settings lisp-settings common-setup
auto-indent-mode auto-complete-config auto-complete popup whitespace
time package-setup ag-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
auto-indent-mode-autoloads autopair-autoloads cider-autoloads
clojure-test-mode-autoloads coffee-mode-autoloads color-theme-autoloads
diminish-autoloads dotassoc-autoloads ess-autoloads
flyspell-lazy-autoloads goto-last-change-autoloads
highlight-indentation-autoloads ipython-autoloads jedi-autoloads
auto-complete-autoloads epc-autoloads ctable-autoloads
concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads modeline-posn-autoloads nrepl-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads org-autoloads popup-autoloads
projectile-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
python-pep8-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads request-autoloads rinari-autoloads jump-autoloads
inflections-autoloads findr-autoloads robe-autoloads
rspec-mode-autoloads ruby-compilation-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads
ruby-end-autoloads ruby-mode-autoloads s-autoloads slime-autoloads
smartparens-autoloads dash-autoloads starter-kit-bindings-autoloads
windmove starter-kit-eshell-autoloads starter-kit-lisp-autoloads
elisp-slime-nav-autoloads starter-kit-autoloads edmacro kmacro smex
starter-kit-misc ido-ubiquitous ido paren starter-kit-defuns uniquify
magit-autoloads info easymenu ido-ubiquitous-autoloads finder-inf
smex-autoloads find-file-in-project-autoloads
idle-highlight-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads websocket-autoloads yasnippet-bundle-autoloads
package cl-macs gv appearance-settings linum zenburn-theme advice
help-fns advice-preload cl cl-lib macroexp time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)