Subject: bug#16849: 24.3.50; Error running timer `battery-update-handler': (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p N/A)

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 23:10:22 -0400

I have been getting the error message

    Error running timer `battery-update-handler': (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p N/A)

after resuming from suspend (possibly only when I've switched from mains
to battery power or vice versa).

I never had this message with previous versions of Emacs.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.8)
 of 2014-02-19 on moondust
Repository revision: 116484 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/nlj/local/'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_CA.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-makefile hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-io hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-pcomplete hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-comint hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-awk hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-eval hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-entities hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-irc hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-exp hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-icalendar hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-lisp hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-colview hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-sql hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-w3m hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-java hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-crypt hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-css hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-docview hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-macro hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-picolisp hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-octave hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-dot hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-mouse hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-feed hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-C hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-timer hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-archive hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-capture hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-lilypond hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-indent hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-bbdb hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-inlinetask hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-maxima hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-ocaml hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-faces hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-ledger hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-js hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-scheme hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-sass hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-beamer hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-gnuplot hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-element hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-ref hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-gnus hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-man hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-rmail hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-bibtex hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-html hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-footnote hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-ruby hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-shen hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-latex hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-perl hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-calc hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-clojure hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-latex hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-macs hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-table hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-odt hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-datetree hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-publish hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-mhe hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-list hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-clock hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-sh hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-R hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-core hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-id hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-mobile hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-keys hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-agenda hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-ctags hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-attach hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-screen hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-ditaa hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-plantuml hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-habit hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-lob hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-loaddefs hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-info hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-eshell hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-version hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-haskell hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-org hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-compat hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-table hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-python hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-src hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-plot hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-texinfo hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-sqlite hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-tangle hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-matlab hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-md hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-org hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ox-ascii hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-mscgen hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-fortran hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-install hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/org-protocol hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-asymptote hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217/ob-scala hides /home/nlj/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scala

Features:
(shadow emacsbug shr browse-url org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode dired org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m compface gnus-fun gnus-dup diff-mode jka-compr
mailalias smtpmail help-mode bbdb-message sendmail nnir flow-fill
mm-archive sort smiley gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-kill qp
mail-extr gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh url-http url-gw url-cache
url-auth url-handlers nnrss xml mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars utf-7 nnimap utf7 gnutls nnfolder parse-time
bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm epa-file epa derived epg netrc
network-stream auth-source eieio eieio-core starttls tls gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap
nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs csv-mode-autoloads
info package edmacro kmacro recentf tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs
cl-lib easymenu saveplace wheatgrass-theme delsel paren time battery
cua-base cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)