Subject: Re: bug#16846: acknowledged by developer ()

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:06:29 +0100

Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]> writes:
> Am 24.02.2014 14:41, schrieb Nicolas Richard:
>> and in particular why you did not add comment syntax (i.e. semi
>> colons) at the beginning of it. What doc did you read that lead you to
>> write that ?
>>
>
> I'm referring to:
>
> 48.2.4.1 Specifying File Variables

That part of the doc doesn't say that you shouldn't write anything else
on that line. In particular, you should at least make that line valid in
the context of that file (e.g. make it a comment if it's a programming
language). Using M-x add-file-local-variable-prop-line, which is
suggested in the doc, should do that for you in most modes (and does for
emacs-lisp).

> BTW left out the semicolon as understood it's to separate pairs.

I meant semicolons at the beginning of line, i.e. to turn the line into
a comment.

-- 
Nico.