Subject: Re: bug#16846: acknowledged by developer ()

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 13:50:39 +0100

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Andreas Röhler
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>  It works but sends an error.

As it would if you instead of

  -*- variable: value -*-

put

  This line is here just to mess with the interpreter

So, if you don't want to mess with the program that process the file,
follow the file's intended conventions. Nothing to do with file
variables.

> Sending the error upon working code is a bug.

No, its not. That line is not valid elisp.

> Or you say: a single file local setting needs to be commented, more of them
> not.

Sorry, I don't understand you.

> If a comment is needed, it's a docu-bug.

As I already said, if you think the info manual needs to be more
explicit about the implicit (but obvious) need to respect the
conventions of the kind of file you're writing (whether source code,
or any other kind), please file a bug report saying so.