Subject: Re: bug#16840: 24.3.50; Jerky motion and up/down asymmetry scrolling images in Eww

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 16:35:26 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maybe they don't understand why this was designed like that?  I
> explained the idea, and it makes sense if you consider the use case of
> text displayed with very large font.

Oh, that explains a lot.  Yes, that behaviour makes sense for huge
fonts.  But not so much for images, where you'd expect them to enter and
leave in similar fashion.

And I do think that the huge-image case is more common than the
huge-font case, so perhaps it makes more sense to cater to the former
than the latter.

> If that is still not good enough, you and they are welcome to get the
> hands dirty in the relevant parts of simple.el.  I don't plan on doing
> that any time soon, having stepped through that code and hacked it too
> much for one lifetime.

I can imagine.  :-)  I'll try to familiarise myself with the code and
see what I come up with...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no