Subject: bug#16840: 24.3.50; Jerky motion and up/down asymmetry scrolling images in Eww

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 08:43:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> >> Furthermore, while scrolling one key press at a time like this, there
>> >> are occasional "glitches" where the image jumps back to the position it
>> >> was in immediately before scrolling started.
>> >
>> > I don't see it with images I tried.  It would be best if you could
>> > provide a reproducible recipe, with a specific image, starting from
>> > "emacs -Q", that shows these glitches.
>> 
>> If it is reproducible on demand, I don't see the pattern. That's what I
>> meant by the "occasional" in my description.
>
> I think I found the way of reproducing this, and I will look into
> that.

Did you get any further with this, by any chance?  Cursor movement and
scrolling is still somewhat unpredictable.  With visual line mode, my
expectation is that hitting the down key will take me to the next
visible line, and that doesn't always happen, especially with large-ish
images.

But it's much better now than when this bug report was created a couple
years ago...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no