Subject: bug#16832: 24.3.50; Emacs goes crazy when deleting lines

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 19:07:57 +0200

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:15:04 +0100
> 
> When suppressing lines (with C-k) from a simple text file (results of
> C-h v load-history), Emacs becomes crazy (inflooping, eating "all" my
> CPU) _at one specific line_, the one beginning with "directory."
> 
> See the video on http://screencast.com/t/REu1Gy2RKAv. Note that the
> *only* action I do during this whole one-minute video is pressing
> C-k (until Emacs goes looping). No other key pressed, nothing.

The screencast doesn't show which major mode is active in that buffer,
and which minor modes.  Can you tell?

> This is 100% reproducible in my environment, with different Emacs
> versions (on Windows 8).

Can you reproduce this in "emacs -Q"?  If so, please post a complete
recipe.

FWIW, just visiting the file you attached and repeating C-k series
didn't reproduce the problem with today's trunk.