Subject: bug#16832: 24.3.50; Emacs goes crazy when deleting lines

From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:58:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:15:04 +0100
>> 
>> When suppressing lines (with C-k) from a simple text file (results of
>> C-h v load-history), Emacs becomes crazy (inflooping, eating "all" my
>> CPU) _at one specific line_, the one beginning with "directory."
>> 
>> See the video on http://screencast.com/t/REu1Gy2RKAv. Note that the
>> *only* action I do during this whole one-minute video is pressing
>> C-k (until Emacs goes looping). No other key pressed, nothing.
>
> The screencast doesn't show which major mode is active in that buffer,
> and which minor modes.  Can you tell?

Major mode: Org.

Enabled minor modes: Auto-Composition Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption
Auto-Fill Auto-Image-File Blink-Cursor Column-Number Delete-Selection
Electric-Indent File-Name-Shadow Flyspell Font-Lock Global-Auto-Complete
Global-Font-Lock Global-Hi-Lock Helm-Match-Plugin Helm-Occur-Match-Plugin
Hi-Lock Line-Number Menu-Bar Mouse-Wheel Recentf Shell-Dirtrack Show-Paren
Sml-Modeline Tooltip Transient-Mark Which-Function Whitespace Yas
Yas-Global.

>> This is 100% reproducible in my environment, with different Emacs
>> versions (on Windows 8).
>
> Can you reproduce this in "emacs -Q"?  If so, please post a complete
> recipe.

Not yet reproducible in a minimal Emacs file.

> FWIW, just visiting the file you attached and repeating C-k series
> didn't reproduce the problem with today's trunk.

Though, one extra data point: switching to Text mode (instead of
Org [1]) before pressing my C-k does NOT exhibit the problem...

Best regards,
Fabrice

[1] Org-mode version 8.2.5h (release_8.2.5h-650-g520f90)