Subject: Re: bug#16830: [Bug] 24.3.50; massive slow down in forward-line

From: "Stefan-W. Hahn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:33:14 +0100

Mail von Eli Zaretskii, Sat, 22 Feb 2014 at 13:36:17 +0200:

Hello,

> Actually, I _can_ think of one possible reason for this difference:
> compiler optimizations.  If the 24.3.50.1 binary was compiled without
> optimizations, it can definitely be about 2 times slower than an
> optimized build of 24.3.1.  What is the value of system-configuration
> and system-configuration-options in both builds?

How can I retrieve them?

Both are precompiled version I  downloaded; the 24.3.50.1 from dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3pgcb3iiy8s9irl/c171Xhsd99

I'm not sure where I got the older one.

(I wasn't able to compile it myself on windows; I tried it, but I wasn't
able to find all prerequisites. This is really easier on linux.)

With kind reagrds,
Stefan

-- 
Stefan-W. Hahn                          It is easy to make things.
                                        It is hard to make things simple.