Subject: bug#16828: 24.3.50; eval-expression, character representation of integer results time-consuming

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:49:24 +0100

Ok, good, then we know what caused the problem. The question now it what
should be done about it.

Personally, I see little value of always seeing the char representation of
integers >255, and if that comes at the cost of a 22 second delay I don't
see that it's worth it.

   -- Anders

On Friday, February 21, 2014, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:01:36 +0100
>> From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Some integers take a very long time to print, probably due to the fact
that
>> it takes a long time to find a suitable font to render the character
>> variant in. The slow-down typically only occur once.
>
> Yes, this is because Emacs looks for and loads a suitable font.
>