Subject: Irix support version in MACHINES

From: Klaus Zeitler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:48:30 +0100

/etc/MACHINES says that Irix support was dropped for versions < 6.
So I tried to compile 24.3 on my Irix 6.2, but no luck.
No big deal, I can live with an older emacs version on this old machine.

I looked in configure and AFAICS emacs 24.3 supports Irix 6.5.
So I think /etc/MACHINES should say:
Irix before version 6.5

BR

Klaus

-- 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Klaus Zeitler              Alcatel-Lucent                        |
|  Lorenzstrasse 10           D-70435 Stuttgart, Germany            |
|  Department:                MS/E Building: 004  Office: 1/62      |
|  Telefon:                   +49 711 821 43898                     |
|  Email:                     [email-masked]      |
|                                                                   |
| Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG                                     |
| Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart · Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 4026 |
| Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Michael Oppenhoff                |
| Vorstand: Wilhelm Dresselhaus (Chairman) · Hans-Jörg Daub ·       |
|           Andreas Gehe                                            |
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Failure is NOT an option for Windows XP.
It's integrated with the OS for free.