Subject: bug#16824: closed (Re: bug#16824: Irix support version in MACHINES)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 08:10:04 +0000

Your bug report

#16824: Irix support version in MACHINES

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16824: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16824
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16824: Irix support version in MACHINES
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 03:09:32 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

I added a note about this to etc/MACHINES.

Subject: Irix support version in MACHINES
From: Klaus Zeitler <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:48:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

/etc/MACHINES says that Irix support was dropped for versions < 6.
So I tried to compile 24.3 on my Irix 6.2, but no luck.
No big deal, I can live with an older emacs version on this old machine.

I looked in configure and AFAICS emacs 24.3 supports Irix 6.5.
So I think /etc/MACHINES should say:
Irix before version 6.5

BR

Klaus

-- 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Klaus Zeitler              Alcatel-Lucent                        |
|  Lorenzstrasse 10           D-70435 Stuttgart, Germany            |
|  Department:                MS/E Building: 004  Office: 1/62      |
|  Telefon:                   +49 711 821 43898                     |
|  Email:                     [email-masked]      |
|                                                                   |
| Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG                                     |
| Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart · Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 4026 |
| Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Michael Oppenhoff                |
| Vorstand: Wilhelm Dresselhaus (Chairman) · Hans-Jörg Daub ·       |
|           Andreas Gehe                                            |
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Failure is NOT an option for Windows XP.
It's integrated with the OS for free.