Subject: 23.0.60; list-processes - please reset focus to original frame when done

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:48:06 -0800

On MS Windows, a new frame is selected when it is created. I use a
standalone minibuffer frame and have non-nil `pop-up-frames'. This
causes `list-processes' to create a new frame the first time it
displays buffer *Process List*.
 
Typically, I don't call `list-processes' manually, so there is no
frame with buffer *Process List* when I quit Emacs.
 
When I do `C-x C-c', I cannot simply type `yes' or `no', because
creation of the new frame for *Process List* switches focus to that
frame. I must first manually select the minibuffer frame, to move
focus to it; then I can type `yes' or `no'. This is annoying.
 
Please change `list-processes' so that it calls
`select-frame-set-input-focus' at the end to move focus back to the
frame that previously had the focus.
 
This is a general problem. Perhaps a general fix could be found.
 
It is at least a problem for functions that might display a buffer for
the first time, and especially those that then ask for user input
(e.g. `yes-or-no-p'). `list-processes' is a poster child for this kind
of function, and it has the added annoyance of being called
automatically by `C-x C-c'.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-12-19 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'