Subject: Re: bug#16800: 24.3; flyspell works slow on very short words at the end of big file

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 18:41:08 +0200

> Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 20:02:17 +0400
> From: Aleksey Cherepanov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Your setup _might_ work the same, especially if you don't mix
> > different languages in the same buffer.  But in general, your change
> > does affect behavior.
> 
> I mix languages. I am pretty sure that my setup works the same.

Not in general, it isn't.  See below.

> BTW solution around reduction of jump points does not not affect
> faces: "nd" or "badnd" at the end of "good badnd good " does not call
> spell check on the first "badnd".

Not sure I understand what you are saying here.  What "first badnd"?
you have only one in this example.

> Emacs words are language sensitive too.

But not in the same way as ispell/flyspell is.  The CASECHARS,
NON-CASECHARS, and OTHERCHARS parameters of the dictionary are only
taken into account by ispell/flyspell.