Subject: bug#16772: Failure in "make install" on MS-Windows

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:01:31 +0100

> And then I've applied the patch sent by Juanma, and tried again.  This
> time the installation seems to be successful, and I see the file
> "<my-install-dir>/share/emacs/24.3.50/README.W32", as expected.
>
> So please, Juanma, could you commit your patch?  TIA

I mean this patch (I've just realized that you sent two):

=== modified file 'nt/Makefile.in'
--- nt/Makefile.in      2014-02-13 03:19:57 +0000
+++ nt/Makefile.in      2014-02-17 18:50:35 +0000
@@ -171,7 +171,7 @@
        for file in ${INSTALLABLES} ; do \
          $(INSTALL_PROGRAM) $(INSTALL_STRIP) $${file}
"$(DESTDIR)${bindir}"/`echo $${file} | sed -e 's/${EXEEXT}$$//' -
e '$(TRANSFORM)'`${EXEEXT} ; \
        done
-       $(INSTALL_DATA) README.W32 "$(DESTDIR)${datadir}/emacs/$(version)"
+       $(INSTALL_DATA) ${srcdir}/README.W32
"$(DESTDIR)${datadir}/emacs/$(version)"

 uninstall:
        rm -f "$(DESTDIR)${datadir}/emacs/$(version)/README.W32"

-- 
Dani Moncayo