Subject: bug#16760: Ellipses lose all decorative features when 'invisible' overlay starts at a point where underlying text changes its 'face' property.

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 23:24:37 +0100

On 2016-02-07, at 22:01, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 21:43:37 +0100
>> 
>> > I think you are wrong, the original bug has been fixed (in Emacs 24.4,
>> > AFAICT).  If you disagree, please show a screenshot of what you see,
>> > and please explain what is wrong with that.  Because I cannot see in
>> > 25.0.90 anything of what the original report describes: the color of
>> > the ellipsis in the second line and its scaling are correct.
>> 
>> I attach the screenshot.  IIUC, the ellipsis on the middle line should
>> at least have the size of the surrounding text, and most probably be
>> green.
>> 
>> The screenshot was taken with GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1, started as emacs -Q.
>
> Strange.  Is that current master?  I cannot reproduce this, neither on
> master nor on emacs-25.  Here, the dots on the 2nd line are of correct
> size and their color is red.

Magit says: eb0643c master.

> If your builds are current, then I guess this is X specific.

Maybe.  I'm on Fedora 22, with LXDE/Openbox, if that does matter.  In
a few days (or weeks) I'll have access to another box with Arch; I'll
try to test it there.

Best,

-- 
Marcin Borkowski
http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Adam Mickiewicz University