Subject: bug#16760: Ellipses lose all decorative features when 'invisible' overlay starts at a point where underlying text changes its 'face' property.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 23:01:18 +0200

> From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 21:43:37 +0100
> 
> > I think you are wrong, the original bug has been fixed (in Emacs 24.4,
> > AFAICT).  If you disagree, please show a screenshot of what you see,
> > and please explain what is wrong with that.  Because I cannot see in
> > 25.0.90 anything of what the original report describes: the color of
> > the ellipsis in the second line and its scaling are correct.
> 
> I attach the screenshot.  IIUC, the ellipsis on the middle line should
> at least have the size of the surrounding text, and most probably be
> green.
> 
> The screenshot was taken with GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1, started as emacs -Q.

Strange.  Is that current master?  I cannot reproduce this, neither on
master nor on emacs-25.  Here, the dots on the 2nd line are of correct
size and their color is red.

If your builds are current, then I guess this is X specific.