Subject: Re: bug#16760: Ellipses lose all decorative features when 'invisible' overlay starts at a point where underlying text changes its 'face' property.

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 21:43:37 +0100

On 2016-02-04, at 22:20, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 22:05:28 +0100
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> I confirm that this is reproducible on GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1.
>
> I think you are wrong, the original bug has been fixed (in Emacs 24.4,
> AFAICT).  If you disagree, please show a screenshot of what you see,
> and please explain what is wrong with that.  Because I cannot see in
> 25.0.90 anything of what the original report describes: the color of
> the ellipsis in the second line and its scaling are correct.

I attach the screenshot.  IIUC, the ellipsis on the middle line should
at least have the size of the surrounding text, and most probably be
green.

The screenshot was taken with GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1, started as emacs -Q.

> Thanks.

Best,

-- 
Marcin Borkowski
http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Adam Mickiewicz University