Subject: Re: bug#16740: 24.2; Please allow C-p and C-n in minibuffer

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 09:41:39 +0200

>> This feature was implemented in the same year when requested.
>
> So this feature request could be closed?

Before closing, we need to decide whether to bind C-p and C-n
to the same commands that were bound in 2014 to [up] and [down],
i.e. whether to apply such patch:

diff --git a/lisp/bindings.el b/lisp/bindings.el
index f70a9efe41..b11872c84e 100644
--- a/lisp/bindings.el
+++ b/lisp/bindings.el
@@ -1028,10 +1028,12 @@ global-map
   (define-key map "\en"   'next-history-element)
   (define-key map [next]  'next-history-element)
   (define-key map [down]  'next-line-or-history-element)
+  (define-key map "\C-n"  'next-line-or-history-element)
   (define-key map [XF86Forward] 'next-history-element)
   (define-key map "\ep"   'previous-history-element)
   (define-key map [prior] 'previous-history-element)
   (define-key map [up]    'previous-line-or-history-element)
+  (define-key map "\C-p"  'previous-line-or-history-element)
   (define-key map [XF86Back] 'previous-history-element)
   (define-key map "\es"   'next-matching-history-element)
   (define-key map "\er"   'previous-matching-history-element)