Subject: bug#16737: 24.3.50; Yank causes hang

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 07:42:18 +0100

Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]> writes:
> After getting them, I evalled (setq x-select-enable-primary), then tried
> killing & yanking : it didn't trigger the problem anymore. Are those
> facts related ? I guess so. Surpisingly : I set (setq
> x-select-enable-primary t) back again and still have no more problem.

Sorry, I spoke too fast :
The relation is a bit more complicated:
- if I copy the content of the Firefox address bar (not saying that the
exact app is relevant, I'm just describing what I did) with Ctrl-c then
yank that in an emacs buffer, emacs hangs.
- repeating yanking OR killing in the same buffer still hangs.
- but if I go in another buffer and kill some text, then no hang
- if I go back to first buffer and yank or kill, no hang either.

If I eval (setq x-select-enable-primary) it in fact doesn't change
anything. (it did in my previous post apparently because I had switched
to another buffer.)

OTOH setting x-select-enable-clipboard to nil *does* avoid the hang, but
that was to be expected I guess. Turning it back on makes the hang
appear again.

-- 
Nico.