Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re-enable SIGIO when waiting for events

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 20:49:04 +0200

Mike Crowe <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Thanks for checking.  I installed a similar patch as Emacs master
>> > commit 0592cefd03f1de2f04b721d07a16e6e0a9e48f73; could you please
>> > give it a try?  It is like Mike Crowe's patch, except it avoids a
>> > race that could lose SIGIOs.  I'll also send a heads-up email to
>> > the relevant bug reports.
>> 
>> I prefer your version and will switch to testing it instead.
>
> I've been testing with 0592cefd03f1de2f04b721d07a16e6e0a9e48f73
> applied to Debian Jessie's emacs24 (24.4+1-5) for over a week now
> without seeing any problems so I think we can call the bug fixed.

And I run the git head updating daily, and the issue didn't occur to me
since that commit whereas it bit me several times a day before.  So I
can confirm that it's fixed (as multiple other already did in the
debbugs issue), so I close it with this mail.

Thanks!
Tassilo