Subject: bug#16737: Timed out waiting for reply from selection owner

From: Alex Bennée <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 16:35:05 +0100

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alex Bennée <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I still see it and I've been tracking the emacs-24 branch. It seems to be a
>> consequence of a long lived Emacs daemon session
>
> I'm using the current master branch but I also use the server (which
> should be kind of the same to starting emacs as a doemon, no?).  Kill
> and yank for hours, and then out of sudden the timeouts appear.

I haven't hit the problem for ages then suddenly this week as I was
pasting a URL it triggered again. Trouble is being able to get useful
diagnostics out when the problem hits.

>
>> - I.e. any given daemon eventually starts to timeout with x pastes. I
>> just restart the daemon and it goes away. I haven't restarted X/i3 for
>> weeks.
>
> For me, restarting the emacs server (M-x server-start RET) doesn't make
> the selection timeouts disappear. :-(
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

-- 
Alex Bennée