Subject: bug#16736: Compiling a Lisp file causes display to flash off and on

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:50:40 +0200

> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:23:25 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
>  > Looks like FRAME_PIXEL_HEIGHT includes the tool bar, and is thus 33
>  > pixels larger than we expect.  (What is f->tool_bar_height?)  But I
>  > cannot find the place where we assign any value to FRAME_PIXEL_HEIGHT,
>  > except in this very function, so I'm unsure where do those extra 33
>  > pixels come from.
> 
> It's from update_various_frame_slots in widget.c.  If you comment that
> out, the problem disappears.  But I don't know yet whether it's needed
> elsewhere ...

If you mean this:

  FRAME_PIXEL_HEIGHT (f) = ew->core.height + x->menubar_height;

then does it mean that menubar_height is 33 pixels?  Sounds too much
to me.