Subject: bug#16733: messed up unicode chars in package description

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 04:27:10 +0100

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 3:54 AM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Let's not call it "-internal" since it should be "always" preferred over
> the other one.

Then please suggest a name; I'm out of ideas. And a docstring (for
url-insert-file-contents, I mean; the one for url-whatever-its-name is
just the same, plus CHECK).

Also, if the new function is to be "preferred", I'll add an autoload for it.

> Also, I see no need to pass "url visit beg end replace"
> to "check" (if that function needs it, the caller can provide it).

OK.

> Also, how 'bout only calling that `check' function in case of a problem?

That check function is the one that should decide that there is a
problem... The idea being that different callers of
url-whatever-its-name will want to check different things. For
example, the current url-insert-file-contents does not worry about
404, etc., only that the buffer wasn't created (which can happen if
you pass it a mailto: URI, for example). We don't want to change
url-insert-file-contents behavior, do we?

   J