Subject: bug#16733: messed up unicode chars in package description

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:02:46 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 15:39:28 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Stefan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > And IIUC we already have a(nother) fix
> > for the glaring bug installed in emacs-24.
> 
> Yes. The current fix disregards HTTP headers and uses the highest
> priority coding system that can decode the received text. It is not
> impossible to imagine cases where that would fail

The correct fix is not much more complex, so I wonder why do we need
to settle for less than that, when the pretest not even started yet.
There's no danger to destabilize anything here.

> but given that most ELPA entries are likely to be ASCII or UTF-8,
> I'm not really worried.

Indeed, but that goes both ways: the correct fix will not be able to
make too much damage, even if it misses something.