Subject: Re: bug#16731: 24.3.50; Latin small letter sharp s is not considered lower-case

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:58:04 +0100

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If the approach below is accepted, a related question is how to treat
> letters whose category is Lt, i.e. "titlecase" -- do we consider such
> letters upper case or don't we?

No Unicode expert, but this suggest they are uppercase, sort of:

http://www.unicode.org/faq/casemap_charprop.html

"Q: What is titlecase? How is it different from uppercase?

A: Titlecase takes its name from the case format used when forming a
title, in which the initial letter in a word is capitalized and the
rest are not. Titlecase is also used in forming a sentence by
capitalizing the first word, and for forming proper names. The
titlecase mapping in the Unicode Standard is the mapping applied to
the initial character in a word.

The titlecase mapping in Unicode differs from the uppercase mapping in
that a number of characters require special handling. These are
chiefly ligatures and digraphs such as 'fl', 'dz', and 'lj', plus a
number of polytonic Greek characters. For example, U+01C7 (LJ) maps to
U+01C8 (Lj) rather than to U+01C9 (lj)."