Subject: bug#16717: Dumping: Can't update subspace record

From: Klaus Zeitler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:39:17 +0100

Hello Paul,

many thanks for the quick help. This was really fast. I'm impressed.

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:
    Paul> 
    Paul> Could you please try the attached patch? I can't easily test
    Paul> under HP-UX, so you may have to tweak it. Thanks.

yes, that worked perfectly. The build continued now up to the
part where all the .el files get compressed and then it stopped with:

--- snip ---

	[ -z "/opt/exp/bin/gzip" ] || \
	  ( echo "Compressing *.el ..." ; \
	    unset CDPATH; \
	    thisdir=`/bin/pwd`; \
	    for dir in /opt/exp/expmake/build/gnuemacs2src/ins/share/lib/gnuemacs2/share/emacs/24.3/lisp /opt/exp/expmake/build/gnuemacs2src/ins/share/lib/gnuemacs2/share/emacs/24.3/leim; do \
	      cd ${thisdir} ; \
	      cd ${dir} || exit 1 ; \
	      for f in `find . -name "*.elc" -print`; do \
	        /opt/exp/bin/gzip -9n `echo $f|sed 's/.elc$/.el/'` ; \
	      done ; \
	    done )
Compressing *.el ...
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

--- snip ---

This looked like a Make problem to me and when I replaced the official
HP make with GNU make everything worked beautifully.

So it seems you already made a bug report. Is there anything I need to
do additionally?

BR

Klaus

-- 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Klaus Zeitler              Alcatel-Lucent                        |
|  Lorenzstrasse 10           D-70435 Stuttgart, Germany            |
|  Department:                MS/E Building: 004  Office: 1/62      |
|  Telefon:                   +49 711 821 43898                     |
|  Email:                     [email-masked]      |
|                                                                   |
| Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG                                     |
| Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart · Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 4026 |
| Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Michael Oppenhoff                |
| Vorstand: Wilhelm Dresselhaus (Chairman) · Hans-Jörg Daub ·       |
|           Andreas Gehe                                            |
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Good judgement comes from experience and
experience comes from bad judgement!