Subject: bug#16703: closed (Re: bug#16703: guix download failed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 23:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#16703: guix download failed

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16703: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16703
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16703: guix download failed
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Raimon Grau <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:06:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I believe commit 2de227a fixes it–already!  :-)

Could you confirm?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: guix download failed
From: Raimon Grau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 23:57:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Downloading a file fails when wget succeeds for the same url.

❯ ./pre-inst-env scripts/guix download
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2
starting download of `guix-file.JuQAtc' from `
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2'...
ERROR: download failed "
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2" 500 "blocked
for one hour"
failed to download "guix-file.JuQAtc" from "
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2"
guix download: error:
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2: download
failed

(on IRC)
<civodul> wget does "Connection: Keep-Alive" whereas Guile does
"Connection: close"
<civodul> could be the reason

Will keep investigating.

Cheers
-- 
"Emacs saves you time when you work, and takes it back when you play with
it"
blog -> http://puntoblogspot.blogspot.com