Subject: bug#16703: guix download failed

From: Raimon Grau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 23:57:15 +0100

Hi,

Downloading a file fails when wget succeeds for the same url.

❯ ./pre-inst-env scripts/guix download
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2
starting download of `guix-file.JuQAtc' from `
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2'...
ERROR: download failed "
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2" 500 "blocked
for one hour"
failed to download "guix-file.JuQAtc" from "
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2"
guix download: error:
http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.19.tar.bz2: download
failed

(on IRC)
<civodul> wget does "Connection: Keep-Alive" whereas Guile does
"Connection: close"
<civodul> could be the reason

Will keep investigating.

Cheers
-- 
"Emacs saves you time when you work, and takes it back when you play with
it"
blog -> http://puntoblogspot.blogspot.com