Subject: Re: bug#16702: 24.3.50; flyspell in message mode messes up latin prefix input

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:36:31 -0500

Agustin Martin wrote:

> For the records I get the same result if I skip the step to enable
> flyspell.

I don't. (It does seem unrelated to gnus-msg-mail though, so not sure
why that was included in the description.)
    
    emacs -Q
    C-\ latin-prefix RET
    d'
      -> now displayed in the buffer "d" followed by "'" with underline.
         Echo area displays stuff you can input next.

Repeat with
    emacs -Q -f flyspell-mode

and just see "d" followed by nothing in the buffer, and one extra
element at the front of the echo area list.

It seems to be just a display issue, because the input method still
works (eg if you type "d'y", you get "d" followed by an accented "y".)

This is a change from 24.3.

(Also, this is fairly obviously a duplicate of
http://debbugs.gnu.org/16701; did it really need two reports? )