Subject: Fwd: frameset-to-register: Different from frame-configuration-to-register?

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:07:52 +0100

Following your recipe, I do not see the same error that you reported.
I get a message "Marker points into wrong buffer: #<marker at 192 in
*scratch*>", but the frame is restored. I'll have to look into it.

As for making a bug report, it already exists and it's bug#16696 (I'm
forwarding this message to that bug thread). Please answer any
followup comment there and not to emacs-devel.

Thanks,

     Juanma

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: raman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: frameset-to-register: Different from
frame-configuration-to-register?
To: [email-masked]

To repro, make sure you switch buffers etc after invoking C-x rf so the
config you jump to with C-x rj is different from your current setup.

So repro steps:

1. M-x calendar
2. C-x4b *scratch*
3. C-xrf a
4. M-x shell
5. C-x 1
6. C-xrj a

Re filing a detailed bug report, I've stayed away because I was afraid
I'd not be able to do that from the comfort of Emacs --