Subject: Re: bug#16695: 24.3; comment-dwim (args out of range)

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 15:12:20 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:

> this is a longstanding bug since 24.3(i don't tried older versions)
> till now (the latest git version - github mirror), and is very
> annoying. it happens when trying to comment out (a line/multiple
> lines) except the first line from a C family file that:
>
> it's first line isn't empty or a comment.
> isn't modified after it's opened.
>
> comment function: comment-dwim (M-;)
> emacs args: emacs -Q

Thanks. For future reference, please do

 M-x toggle-debug-on-error

and include the basktrace in the report:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 1 2)
  remove-text-properties(#<marker at 1 in foo.c> 2 (category nil))
  c-invalidate-state-cache(17)
  c-before-change(17 17)
  comment-region-internal(17 45 "/* " " */" nil nil nil nil t)
  comment-region-default(16 46 nil)
  comment-region(16 46 nil)
  comment-or-uncomment-region(16 46 nil)
  comment-dwim(nil)
  call-interactively(comment-dwim nil nil)
  command-execute(comment-dwim)