Subject: RE: bug#16661: 24.3.50; standalone minibuffer frame gets renamed with name of aother frame

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:51:38 -0800 (PST)

> > Perhaps advising modify-frame-parameters and modify-frame-
> > parameter, to record their changes in some buffer, could
> > find out the answer.
> 
> I might do that; dunno.

I'm afraid that would produce too much noise in *Messages*, as
there are lots of calls to `modify-frame-parameters'.  But I'll
think about it.

> > Or maybe try describing what you did immediately prior to this
> > change (aided by "C-h l"), and then you or someone else might
> > have an idea.
> 
> As I've tried to say a few times now, I have no idea whent this
> occurs.  I do not notice the frame title changing.  At some point
> I happen to see that it has changed.  I have no idea what I or
> Emacs was doing immediately prior to the change.  If I did, I
> would of course have reported that.  And I will do so, if I do
> happen to notice the title changing.

My thinking more and more is that this is happening randomly,
in the sense that it is unrelated to whatever I might be doing.

It just happened in a new session, before I had done more than
a couple double-clicks in a Dired buffer (IIRC).  Nothing in
*Messages*, and could not repro it doing the same thing in
another new session.  I have a vague suspicion that it might
somehow have to do with opening another Emacs session using
emacs -Q, but I have no real basis for thinking that.