Subject: RE: bug#16661: 24.3.50; standalone minibuffer frame gets renamed with name of aother frame

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 19:08:45 -0800 (PST)

> > Yes, I have not (knowingly, at least) been using desktop stuff
> > or frameset stuff.
> 
> Well, frameset saving&restoring is automatically enabled, but what I
> mean is, you do see the frame name change in a session, not between
> sessions, do you? 

Correct.  I notice it at some point (I've never noticed it change)
during the same session.  It starts out correct but changes at
some point.

And I don't think the frameset stuff has changed recently, has it?

> Because if you have a named frame, save and restore (with
> desktop.el) and the frame name changes, that could be a frameset
> problem. 

Nope; I'm not doing that.  Just one session.  My code names the
frame during my setup.  Nothing that I am aware of changes it
later, but something obviously does (in the same session).

> Just as a test, try adding
>   (push '(name . nil) frameset-filter-alist)
> in your .emacs, after (require 'desktop), to check if that makes
> your problem disappear.

Based on what I said above, do you really suggest that I do that?
Besides, `C-h v features' shows that `desktop' is not even loaded
in my session  (I don't do `(require 'desktop)').

I suppose that something might load desktop.el later, and that
could conceivably somehow provoke the problem.  But unless you
think it really might help, I won't bother to look there.