Subject: bug#16661: 24.3.50; standalone minibuffer frame gets renamed with name of aother frame

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 13:06:27 -0800 (PST)

> > yes, frame parameter `name' gets changed.
> 
> So what code can possibly change frame parameters like that?

Not sure what you are asking.  Are you asking how to change a
frame parameter value?  `modify-frame-parameters', for example.

AFAIK  I have not changed my code in any way that would affect
this, but I could of course be mistaken.  My guess is that some
change in Emacs has brought about this behavior.

I do automatically call a function when iconifying/thumbifying
that updates the frame name to be its buffer name, but that
function specifically does not act on my minibuffer frame.

And if that were not working properly then the minibuffer
frame would get the name *Minibuf-0* or whatever, not the name
of an ordinary buffer, which is what I am seeing.  And this
code has anyway been used without change for decades.

Other than that, AFAIK I do not mess with a frame's `name'
parameter.  So in sum, I never mess with the minibuffer
frame's `name' parameter, once I've set it during startup.