Subject: bug#16651: closed (Re: bug#16651: 24.3.50; desktop saves temporary buffers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 07:55:04 +0000

Your bug report

#16651: 24.3.50; desktop saves temporary buffers

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16651: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16651
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16651: 24.3.50; desktop saves temporary buffers
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Cc: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 09:53:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> -(defcustom desktop-buffers-not-to-save nil
>> +(defcustom desktop-buffers-not-to-save "^ "
>
> Please use "\\` " instead, since a buffer name can include embedded
> newlines.

Installed with "\\` ".

Subject: 24.3.50; desktop saves temporary buffers
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:58:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With the desktop mode enabled and `C-h S info-lookup-symbol RET'
info-look.el creates a temporary buffer with the name " temp-info-look"
that is saved to the desktop because this buffer is in Info mode
saved by `Info-desktop-buffer-misc-data'.

I see two possible solutions: skip saving all buffers with the
leading space in the buffer name, or if this problem is Info specific
then fix it in `Info-desktop-buffer-misc-data' to return nil for
Info buffers with the leading space in the buffer name.