Subject: bug#16647: Imprecisions with window-resizing cursors

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:39:05 +0100

> I didn't manage to get the patch working for some reason. Assuming the
 > below is equivalent, there is still no change with right-divider-width.
 >
 > The window I get in the messages, may also be off by a few pixels.

Here on Windows XP the window is never "off".

 > (Although the cursor doesn't change at all with the above snippet).

Probably mouse tracking disables showing the <=> cursor.

Maybe this depends on the window manager used?  Can someone else
reproduce this behavior with emacs -Q:

(progn
   (scroll-bar-mode -1)
   (split-window-right)
   )

Slowly move the mouse from left to right across the vertical line
splitting the windows. Once the mouse goes past the black line, it's
still shown as <=>, although clicking-and-dragging on that area won't
have any effect.

martin