Subject: Re: bug#16647: OT: window-resizing cursor for minibuffer (Imprecisions with window-resizing cursors)

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:30:42 -0400

At 02:47 -0400 on Friday 2014-02-28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
>> 
>> No, this is the only misbehaviour I saw that is not fixed now. With
>> 
>>     GNU Emacs 24.3.50 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.8) of
>>     2014-02-27 Repository revision: 116586
>>     [email-masked] 
>>     Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
>> 
>> I still get the handle indicating I can resize the minibuffer, but I
>> cannot actually resize it unless it is active.
>
> And indeed you can't, and shouldn't.  This issue has nothing to do
> with when the mouse pointer changes shape, it's an entirely different
> issue.

That was certainly to do with when the mouse pointer changed shape. The
mouse pointer was changing shape, indicating that the minibuffer could
be resized, when in fact it could not be. 

I don't believe anyone ever suggested that that was the same issue as, or
even directly related to, the current bug.

I merely mentioned in passing when I noticed it while helping explore
the current bug, as it seemed worth bringing to Martin's attention, but
too minor to create yet another bug report for if he could fix it
immediately, Martin asked me to check that it was fixed. It turned out
that it wasn't (then), so I reported back with that information.

I'm not sure why you decided to object so adamantly to that.

N.