Subject: bug#16647: Imprecisions with window-resizing cursors

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:59:33 +0100

>>> First impressions: Before splitting the window horizontally (with the
 >>> backwardsly-named split-window-vertically), I notice that I get the
 >>> changed mouse cursor indicating that I can resize the window whenever I
 >>> cross the mode line / bottom divider, but, in fact, I am only able to
 >>> use it (to increase the size of the minibuffer) when the minibuffer is
 >>> active. When the minibuffer is inactive, I can't resize it, yet the
 >>> mouse cursor still changes indicating that I can. Presumably this is a
 >>> bug.
 >> Should be fixed now.  Please look again.
 >
 > No, this is the only misbehaviour I saw that is not fixed now. With
 >
 >     GNU Emacs 24.3.50 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.8) of
 >     2014-02-27 Repository revision: 116586
 >     [email-masked]
 >     Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
 >
 > I still get the handle indicating I can resize the minibuffer, but I
 > cannot actually resize it unless it is active.

I did fix the behavior for the bottom divider only.  The mode line
itself behaves differently.  I think I fixed that now as well.  Please
try again.

martin