Subject: bug#16647: Imprecisions with window-resizing cursors

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:49:47 -0400

At 15:59 -0400 on Thursday 2014-02-27, martin rudalics wrote:

>> First impressions: Before splitting the window horizontally (with the
>> backwardsly-named split-window-vertically), I notice that I get the
>> changed mouse cursor indicating that I can resize the window whenever I
>> cross the mode line / bottom divider, but, in fact, I am only able to
>> use it (to increase the size of the minibuffer) when the minibuffer is
>> active. When the minibuffer is inactive, I can't resize it, yet the
>> mouse cursor still changes indicating that I can. Presumably this is a
>> bug.
>
> Should be fixed now.  Please look again.

No, this is the only misbehaviour I saw that is not fixed now. With

    GNU Emacs 24.3.50 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.8) of
    2014-02-27 Repository revision: 116586
    [email-masked] 
    Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000

I still get the handle indicating I can resize the minibuffer, but I
cannot actually resize it unless it is active.

(But didn't you say you were going to defer fixing this for now?)

>> But:
>>
>>     emacs -Q
>>     M-: (set-frame-parameter nil 'bottom-divider-width 10) RET
>>     M-: (setq mouse-autoselect-window t)
>>     Drag the window divider up a few pixels (but less than one line)
>>
>> Moving the mouse cursor upwards is as before.
>>
>> Moving the mouse cursor downwards is as before except that when it
>> crosses the bottom of the bottom divider into the bottom window, the
>> focus changes to the bottom window, _but_ the resizing mouse cursor
>> continues to be displayed well in to the bottom window, but will not
>> resize the window if clicked on there -- indeed clicking on it, I can
>> select text in the bottom window while it is still displayed as a
>> resizing cursor!
>
> Should work with my previous fix.  Please check again.

Yes, seems fixed with today's trunk. :)

N.