Subject: bug#16647: Imprecisions with window-resizing cursors

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:38:09 -0400

At 15:58 -0400 on Thursday 2014-02-27, martin rudalics wrote:

> I now tried to address the following issues reported here:

>> lag in appearance of <=> handle (probably okay?)

> I'm not all to sure about this.  But with a right fringe larger than the
> default character width it was possible to not show the <=> until the
> mouse was right over the vertical border.  This should be fixed now.
> Please try again.

Yes, I believe I only saw this sluggishness/lag the first day I was
testing.

>> Another bug
>> ===========
>> When the vertical line is as far to the right in the frame as it will go
>> (i.e., when the right window is as narrow as permitted), then the <=>
>> handle only appears when the mouse cursor approaches the vertical line
>> from the right. If the mouse cursor approaches the vertical line from
>> the left, the <=> handle fails to appear. (Ditto with "left" and "right"
>> reversed in that statement.)
>
> This might be due to the same reason as the issue described above.  The
> mouse cursor won't appear when approaching the border from the left.
> Please try again.

I think I amended my description of this in later reports, wrt
s/left/right, but in any case the misbehaviour I was seeing is now fixed.