Subject: bug#16647: Imprecisions with window-resizing cursors

From: Evgkeni Sampelnikof <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:21:40 +0000

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can't reproduce that neither with GTK+ 3.4.2 nor on Windows XP.  The
> cursor changes shape to <=> within one frame column distance on the left
> of the vertical border (the "grabbable_width" in coordinates_in_window
> IIUC) till right after that border.  When the cursor shows as <=> I can
> also drag the border.  Clicking on the border doesn't have any effect.

Sometimes it works fine. Perhaps you could try moving the border to different locations.

>
> Emacs doesn't show a vertical resize cursor on the mode- or header-line
> (for historical reasons, I presume).  You can now use bottom dividers to
> show such a cursor.

Normally I'd say you know better, except I recall seeing a

                             ^
                             I
                             v

cursor on mode-lines, for as long as I remember.

> This is a arguably a bug.  I checked in a fix.  Please try again.

This works fine now, thanks.

Evgeni