Subject: Re: bug#16642: 24.3; (auth) Minor documentation inconsistency on checking order of un/encrypted .authinfo files

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 09:30:31 -0500

On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 18:41:32 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

TZ> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 21:08:21 -0500 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote: 
GM> Version: 24.4
GM> Thanks, the first one was right.

TZ> I looked at your patch (finally, yeah).  The relevant piece is at the
TZ> end.

TZ> I am not sure that it's an improvement to remove the explanation, even
TZ> though it's certainly easier for the developers not to keep them in
TZ> sync.

TZ> Maybe instead of talking about order, the docstring should explain what
TZ> the .gpg extension means and how to enable it, and what happens to
TZ> missing files?

TZ> I am not making the change immediately in case this kind of detail is
TZ> not appropriate in the docstring.

Glenn... ping?  Is it OK to revise the docstring or do you want to keep
it lean?

Thanks
Ted