Subject: Re: bug#16619: 24.4.1; REGRESSION: transparent *Completions*

From: Alan Schmitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:56:51 +0100

On 2014-11-26 16:52, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> emacs (compiled from https://github.com/railwaycat/emacs-mac-port).
>
> Please note the README on that site:
>
>        If you find a bug, then please try to reproduce it with some
>        official builds such as X11 or NS (Cocoa). If it turns out to be
>        specific to the Mac port, then please report it to
>        [email-masked]. Otherwise (i.e.,
>        it is also reproducible with official ones), report it using M-x
>        report-emacs-bug USING THE OFFICIAL BUILD as such.
>
> (I don't think this makes it terribly clear that what is on that site is
> not GNU Emacs. GNU Emacs already has a Mac port, but the "Emacs Mac
> Port" is not it.)

Thank you for your reply. I did not know that that port was not GNU
Emacs.

I cannot reproduce the problem with the emacs from
http://emacsformacosx.com (is that one GNU Emacs?) so I guess it's an
issue with Yamamoto Mitsuharu's Mac port. I've reported a bug there.

Thanks,

Alan

-- 
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7